Operating system update support
Keeping your operating system updated is important because it keeps you safe by having the latest bugs fixed and security holes closed. Since OS4X depends on many system requirements (such as Apache, MySQL/MariaDB, file systems, external libraries etc.) you need to keep your system up to date.
Let the Pro do the work
We have years of experience in doing this task. We know special circumstances which can make updating the OS a hazzle. Our experience is your benefit, since you don't need to know all details of this task. Simply order our support for an operating system update. We are finished typically in about one hour. During this session, we can also update your OS4X installation and check typical configuration issues which may result into a better performance or stability.
Isn't it risky?
It would be much more risky not to update! Before the operating system upgrade, we make a snapshot of a virtualized environment. For hardware based environments, you need to make a backup beforehand. During the upgrade process, you just have to define a time gap of one hour for this task (depending on your internet speed). If in any case the upgrade may fail, we recover to the latest snapshot and continue at this point. Be assured: to this day we had no issue that couldn't be solved! We have a 100% success rate!
Let's summarize what we need for an operating system upgrade:
- Debian based operating system (Debian itself, Ubuntu etc.)
- An internet connection for OS update.
- Administrative access to the machine and virtualization environment.
- Teamviewer or SSH access to your system (other desktop sharing systems like Skype, Teams etc. are possible, too).
- Technical contact (i.e. via phone or chat) for possible questions.
- Time frame of about one hour, planned one week beforehand. This is your system downtime.